Using a secure website called ParentPay, parents in Dundee will soon be able to make payments online for items such as school trips and uniforms. Parents of primary school children will also be able to select and pay for their children’s school meals online.
What are the benefits to parents and pupils?
- ParentPay is easy-to-use and offers parents the freedom to make online payments by credit or debit card, whenever and wherever they like, 24/7.
- The technology used is of the highest internet security available, ensuring that monies reach schools safely and securely.
- Full payment details are available to parents online at anytime.
- Pupils won’t have to worry about losing money at school.
- For parents of primary school children, having online involvement in their children’s meal choices will help them to encourage their children to make healthy eating choices.
What are the benefits to our schools?
Using ParentPay ensures that all financial transactions are safe and secure - helping us to remove costs associated with having to manage cash securely on school premises.
Less time spent in schools on cash handling means more time is available to support the smooth running of our schools.
Schools will of course continue to accept cash and cheque payments but we do hope that parents will use the new online facility. The more parents use ParentPay, the greater the benefit to our schools.
Grove Academy, Craigie High and their feeder primaries will be the first schools to go-live with ParentPay in the middle of November. It will then be rolled-out across all schools in the city, in four phases. By the end of the school year all parents and all schools will be able to benefit from ParentPay.
Parents of children in the phase 1 schools will shortly be sent more detailed information about how to activate and use the system.
For more information on ParentPay, go to www.parentpay.com