Welcome to the Dundee City Council Licensing on line website. You can now apply and pay online for all licences.
- Apply and pay for a licence online (temporarily unavailable, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused)
To view the online registers visit the public licensing register area of this website. Public registers for all licences can also be inspected at 18 City Square, Dundee between 8.30am and 5pm Mondays to Fridays.
What type of licence do you need?
- Liquor Licences
A Licence to sell alcohol either on the premises or off the premises, including applications by Voluntary Organisations for Occasional Licences.
- Gambling Act 2005
- Taxi or Taxi Driver Licences
A Licence to operate a taxi or a taxi badge to drive a taxi.
- Civic and Miscellaneous e.g. second hand dealers, window cleaners etc.
Licences other than those at 1 to 3 above.
- Parades and Processions
Note: To ensure that anyone applying for licences has the latest versions of documents, we would ask that they regularly utilise this website, rather than store copies on their own computer over time.
All of the above licences are dealt with by the Licensing Section and you can contact us (office hours are 8.30am to 5pm):
- By calling (01382) 434499, (01382) 434805, (01382) 434433 or (01382) 434283
- By writing to The Licensing Section, Dundee City Council, 20 City Square, DUNDEE DD1 3BY
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, the Environment Department issues licences for petrol stations, fireworks and butcher shops. They also register food premises, offices and shop premises. Cooling towers and evaporative condensers also require to be registered. For further information, visit the Environment Department area of this website.
The Private Sector Services Unit deals with applications for Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs).
Tayside Police also have a Licensing Section. You can contact them on 01382 591541.