The Roll of Honour records those men and women, who were either born in Dundee or who were domiciled in Dundee during the course of the war, and who lost their lives in the service of their country.
The City of Dundee is interpreted as that area lying within the boundaries pertaining at the outbreak of war in September 1939.
- The services differ in the method of reporting each death, e.g.
- Army – normally the theatre of war
- Royal Navy and Merchant Navy – normally the name of the ship
- Royal Air Force – normally the command
Issues of newspapers which are listed as the information source may be consulted in the Local History Department of Dundee Central Library.
The database was compiled by John T. Foy, with supplementary information
from the Commonwealth War Graves Commission. The database was designed by Claire
MacEachen of University of Abertay Dundee, and the images were kindly loaned
by relatives and friends of the various subjects. The database is the copyright © of
the author and Dundee City Council, 2001, and the photographs are the copyright © of
the owners, 2001.
- Dundee City Council would like to acknowledge the assistance of the various
contributors, particularly the remarkable dedication of John Foy, without which
the achievement of this web presentation would not have been possible.