The Out of Hours Service is managed by Dundee City Council's Children and Families Service. It provides a social work service outwith normal working hours to Dundee City Council and Angus Council as part of a joint agreement between the two local authorities.
Out of Hours works in close co-operation with other out of hours services such as health agencies, police, Department of Work and Pensions, housing and community alarm / home care, as well as being a contact point for access to a Mental Health Officer.
Anyone in Angus and Dundee City who has an urgent problem or crisis can call the service. This may be someone experiencing problems with children, families or those receiving or requiring a community care service.
- Child Protection
- Support to children and their families at home
- Support to older people at home
- Support to vulnerable adults
- Support to people with disabilities
- Provision of MHO (Mental Health Officer) for statutory duties and advice re mental health issues
- Links with community alarm services
- Links with home care service
Weekdays, 4.30 pm to 9.30 am
Weekends, 4.30 pm (Friday) to 9.30 am (Monday)
All public holidays are covered on a 24 hour basis.
Tel: 01382 307964 (answering machine 9.30 am to 4.30 pm)
Fax: 01382 307997