Coronavirus: Guidance for students content
What you should do if you have symptoms:
- a high temperature or fever
- a new continuous cough
- a loss of, or change, in sense of smell or taste
A walk-through Coronavirus testing centre is now open in the centre of Dundee.
The facility is within the Park Place car park on the University of Dundee campus and is operated by Mitie on behalf of the UK Government.
The site operates seven days a week, from 8am to 8pm, and is only for those who don’t have access to a car.
Those who can drive to get tested should continue to use the existing test centre at Dudhope Castle Car Park.
Tests must be booked in advance at www.nhsinform.scot/test-and-protect or by calling 0800 028 2816.
People should only book at test if they have any of the coronavirus symptoms listed above.
Remember the FACTS guidance:
F – Face coverings. These should be used in shops & on public transport (buses, trains & taxis)
A – Avoid crowded places
C – Clean your hands frequently, using water and soap whenever possible
T – Two metres – observe physical distancing
S – Self-isolate and book a test if you are suffering from COVID-19 symptoms
Any student requiring support should contact:
- Abertay University: Support Enquiry Zone – firstname.lastname@example.org or 01382 308833
- University of Dundee: email@example.com or www.dundee.ac.uk/coronavirus/student-support
- University of St Andrews: University of St Andrews COVID Helpdesk, firstname.lastname@example.org or 01334 46 4146
- Dundee and Angus College: email@example.com
Other useful resources:
Student Information Scotland Covid-19 page
Hardship payments for students
How to get a test/self-isolate
University of Dundee Coronavirus information
University of Abertay Coronavirus information
Dundee and Angus College Covid-19 FAQ
Al-Maktoum College Covid-19 updates