During this time, you may have your own worries and feel stress. This is normal and it is important that you acknowledge your own feelings. Some other tips for self-care are:
- Get out in the fresh air and exercise when you can.
- Focus on practical things you can control e.g. wash your hands
- Maintain connection with others through calls and social media.
- Build in daily activities that you enjoy and help you relax
- If you do feel stressed and anxious – take time and be kind to yourself.
You can find a free selection of relaxation, sleep and other resources to support your wellbeing on the “weathering the Storm” section of the Headspace App.
Psychological Vitamins 5 a day (at least 5!)
- Safety and security
- Emotional connections
- Giving and receiving attention
- A valued social role
- Sense of community
- Stretched in ways that make sense