School improvement works16/04/18
MORE THAN £1.1m worth of improvements to school buildings in Dundee are to be considered by councillors next week.
Dundee City Council’s city development committee is being asked to approve tenders for work to five city schools which will be carried out during the summer holidays.
Lynne Short committee convener said: “It’s no surprise that schools can have a pretty hard life and therefore need regular care and maintenance. These five tenders will see all sorts of work being done from roof refurbishment to an upgrade of home economics facilities.
“The quality of our learning and teaching environments must be fit for purpose and this investment will ensure that pupils and staff at these schools have the best facilities possible.”
The council’s contract services division is in line for the work to:
- refurbish the roof at Clepington PS;
- upgrade a home economics classroom at Craigie HS;
- replace windows and door screens at Forthill PS;
- upgrade toilets at Craigiebarns PS; and
- replace fire doors and a new swipe entry system at Eastern PS.
Dundee City Council’s city development committee meets on Monday (April 23).