Street Lighting - Other Duties content
The other main areas of responsibility of the Section are:
- Preparing Street Lighting and associated electrical designs for new Housing Developments including supervision and adoption inspections.
- Designing new Street Lighting associated with renewal and replacement programmes (including acting as the council's lighting consultants for internal and external lighting projects)
- Recovery of Costs associated with vehicle collisions and contractors underground cable damage.
- Supplying Plant and underground cable information to contractors in accordance with the NRASW Act 1991.
- Supply of inventory information for electricity consumption billing.
- Provision of an Emergency standby system to deal with out of hours emergencies.