Street Lighting - Performance Indicators content
Some facts and figures on street lighting maintenance in 2010/2011.
- The council received 1546 telephone calls from the public reporting street lighting defects
- 68% of faults were identified through the council's own proactive weekly inspections in total, 92.5% of faults were repaired within 7 days (Statutory Performance Indicator)
- 85% of faults were repaired within the council's own target repair time of 2 working days
- Average days to repair is 2.5 days (Statutory Performance Indicators)
- Energy losses since 2002/03 have decreased by 7% and are presently at 13%, further reducing the carbon footprint. This is due to the utilisation of more energy efficient lamps and control gear