Non Domestic Rates - Application Forms

Non Domestic Rates - Application Forms container

Non Domestic Rates - Application Forms content

There are a number of Non Domestic Rates forms that can be downloaded or completed on our website:-

Non Domestic Rates Payment

Register to Pay Non Domestic Rates by Direct Debit online or by form (69KB PDF).

Non Domestic Rates - Click on links to submit forms online

  • Apply for Retail, Hospitality, Leisure and Aviation (RHLA) Relief - Please complete a separate application form for each property.  The Scottish Government announced the continuation of the (RHLA) Relief for the financial year 2021/22. Whilst there is no change to the qualifying criteria to receiving the relief you must now make an application.  For further information, please visit the Scottish Governments website  
  • Register or report a change in circumstances:-
    Occupation form
    Change of ownership form
    Vacation and occupation form
    Vacation form
    Where there is a change of owner or tenant contact us straight away so we can award any relief or exemption.
  • Apply for Small Business Bonus Scheme
    If you would like to learn more about the Small Business Bonus Scheme or find out if you are eligible to apply, please visit the Scottish Government website for more information.
  • Apply for Empty Property Relief
    More information and application forms for Empty Property Relief, Fresh Start Relief and New Start Relief can be found by clicking on the link above.
  • Apply for Fresh Start Relief
    From 1 April 2018 Fresh Start Relief applies to newly occupied commercial properties which were previously unoccupied and in receipt of empty property relief for 6 months or more. The relief award is 100% for a period of 12 months.  In order to qualify, your property must also comply with the following criteria:

    • the rateable value must not exceed £65,000
    • no longer than 12 months have elapsed since the lands and heritages became occupied, and
    • it is not used for payday lending

    An application must be made to obtain this relief.   If you wish information on this scheme prior to 1 April 2018, please contact the Non Domestic Rates by dialling direct on (01382) 431203 or emailing

  • New and Improved Properties Relief
    Effective from 1st April 2018, the Scottish Government introduced a relief scheme for New and Improved properties. New Build properties will receive 100% relief until occupied and then 100% for a year once occupied.  For Improved Properties, the relief is 100% of the increase in rates charged.  Further information and a form can be obtained by dialling direct on (01382) 431203 or emailing  An application must be made to obtain this relief.
  • Apply for Nursery Relief
    On 1st April 2018 the Scottish Government introduced a relief scheme for premises used wholly or mainly as a day nursery.   The Relief award is 100% from 1st April 2018 to 31st March 2021.  An application for each property must be made to obtain this relief.  Please contact the Non Domestic Rates section by dialling direct on (01382) 431203 or email to request an application form.
  • Apply for Transitional Relief
    Transitional Relief is available for 2017/18 and 2018/19 to help certain businesses facing large increases in rates bills as a result of the 2017 revaluation.  This is available to hotels, holiday accommodation, pubs, restaurants, cafes and renewable energy generation.   An application must be made to obtain this relief.
  • Apply for Rates Remission
    Organisations with charitable status can qualify for 80% Mandatory Relief where their premises are used wholly or mainly for charitable purposes. In addition, any club, society or organisation, not established or conducted for profit, and/or wholly or mainly use a property for recreation, can also apply for Discretionary Relief.
  • Apply for Hardship Relief
    A rating authority, at its discretion, can grant relief from rates if the rate payer will sustain hardship.  This is only awarded in exceptional circumstances and will only be considered if it is in the interest of the community.
  • Apply for Disabled Relief
    Relief of rates under the terms of the Rating (Disabled Persons) Act 1978 can be granted in respect of premises used for the needs of disabled persons.
  • Apply for Relief for Part-Occupied Property
    Relief of Rates under the terms of Section 24a of the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1966 can be granted where a property is part-occupied for a short time only with the intention to re-occupy.  Any application should be submitted with plans showing the occupied and unoccupied parts of the property.
  • Renewable Energy Generation Relief Scheme Application Form
    Relief to renewable energy producers who are solely concerned with the production of heat or power (or both) from the following sources:- biomass, biofuels, fuel cells, photovoltaics, water (including waves and tides, but excluding production from the pumped storage of water), wind, solar power, geothermal sources.  For further information regarding the scheme, please visit the Scottish Government website.
  • Rates Relief Recipients - Publication of Data

    From 1 April 2021, a list of all businesses in receipt of any form of Non-Domestic Rates relief or exemption will be published online quarterly. This publication is to increase transparency around the use of public funds through Non-Domestic relief awards in line with the Scottish Governments recommendations following the Barclay Review. 

    To ensure compliance with Data Protection legislation, records relating to individuals or sole traders have been removed. For more information on how your data will be used, please read the Publication of Relief Recipients privacy notice. 

    Download the list of DCC List of Relief Recipients Quarter 1 2021.