We hold records for the Church of Scotland Churches (ref: CH2) within the Presbytery of Dundee. These also include some Free Church and United Free Church records (ref: CH3)
View a list of churches that we hold records for.
The Archives also holds records for other denominations, including Methodist, Congregational and Baptist churches. Please contact us for further information on the records that we hold.
- Justices of the Peace for the County of the City of Dundee, 1894-1974 (ref: JP23)
- Justices of the Peace for the County of Angus, 1857-1974 (ref: JP24)
- Dundee and Forfar Sheriff Courts - duplicate plans, 1842-1945 (ref: RHP24520-34490)
- Calendars of Confirmation and Inventories, 1876-1936
Please note that records of Dundee Sheriff Court are held at the National Records of Scotland (Ref: SC45)
Customs and Excise
- Dundee Outport, 1708-1989 (ref: CE70)
- Montrose Outport, 1707-1988 (ref: CE53)
- Arbroath Outport, 1823-1990 (ref: CE80)
- Montrose and Arbroath Fishery Offices, 1819-1971 (ref: AF32)
- Dundee Burgh Protocol books, 1571-1608 (ref: B19/1)
- Dundee Burgh Registers of Sasines, 1639-1809 (ref: B19/2-3)
Lists of these records can be viewed by typing the reference number into the National Records of Scotland online catalogue.
See also our Subject Index.
Contact the Archives
Telephone: 01382 434494
Postal Address: 21 City Square, Dundee DD1 3BY