Universal Credit Claimant

Universal Credit Claimant container

Universal Credit Claimant content

Your rent is increasing - you need to take action

Important date: April 6, 2020

As a Universal Credit Claimant, you must report your new rent charge to the Department for Works and Pensions (DWP) on Monday 6 April, 2020. You must do this even if your Housing costs are paid directly to Dundee City Coucil.

If you don't report this, your Universal Credit Housing costs will be incorrect.

You can do this by logging into your online account and reporting your new rent details as a change of circumstances. If you require assistant to do this, contact DWP on 0800 328 5644.

If you are experiencing problems paying your rent, you should contact the Rent Recovery Team.