The CONNECT team was created at the beginning of 2014 to address the key issues people face as a result of the Welfare Reforms.
The task force of 6 officers cover all areas in Dundee and they are community based, with drop in and appointment based surgeries and for help and advice. You will find their surgeries in local community centres, libraries, Wellgate Centre and other venues (check our schedule to find out where we are this week).
- Have you been affected by the benefit changes?
- Do you need help or advice to understand your benefits?
- In low paid work and unsure what benefits you may be entitled to?
- Are you struggling to make ends meet?
- Do you want to know more about the benefit changes, such as Universal Credit or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and how this will affect you? We can give you advice, help and support so you can prepare for this.
We can also help or give advice with benefit form filling, budgeting, fuel poverty etc; and work in partnership with other services that provide adult learning, health and lifestyle support, energy advice, benefit appeals, money advice for debts, carers, housing, Credit Union, support for those looking for work and many other local initiatives.
For Service Providers, we also offer a regular drop in service and currently visit Drop in Cafe's, Parent and toddler groups, mental health groups, Drug and alcohol services and many more.
Phone: 01382 431205
Download our - Weekly Schedule - to find out where we are this week (100KB PDF)
Service providers - what can CONNECT do for you? (160KB PDF)