Digital on the Move provides:
- Access to mobile wifi enabled laptops which allow organisations to help their clients learn the IT skills to cope with Welfare Reform
- Three informative video clips which set out the issues related to:
- claimant commitment
- using a bank to pay bills
- A budgeting game which uses computer game technology to help people dealing with welfare changes to consider how they can use their money.
IT 4 Work & Life
IT 4 Work & Life has been set up to help jobseekers and anybody on Universal Credit who have low IT skills, and who have restricted internet access.
The project offers a structured learning programme covering the following:
- Basic computer skills
- Use of internet including Universal Jobmatch and other relevant job websites
- Use of email
- Creating and adapting Word Documents such as CVs and letters
- Filling in online forms.
The programme is adapted to meet the needs of the individual.
The programme is delivered on small group basis in various community locations across the city including community centres and local libraries.
To be able to join an IT 4 Work & Life Computer group you have to be receiving out of work benefits and or be on Universal Credit, this may include some people who are in work but receiving the working tax credit element. We cannot accept anyone who is currently on the Work Programme.
To find out how to join your nearest IT 4 & Life Work group, contact Kim on 436314 or text 07985818019 for a call back.