National Entitlement Card - How to Apply or Replace

At you can:

Please find a step-by-step instruction on how to apply for a NEC through

Through the application process you will be asked to provide proofs to confirm your identity and address.

Please note that if you have applied online it may take a few weeks for your application to be processed. You can track the progress of your application at, using the 'Your NEC' button.

Once it has been approved, your card will be delivered to your home address within 3 to 5 working days.

Other ways to apply

Young people who are currently aged 16 or over and already have an active NEC or Young Scot NEC can add free bus travel to their existing cards using the Transport Scot Pass Collect app.  Instructions of how to download and use the app are available on the Transport Scotland website.

Young people under 16 years old who want to apply for the Younger Persons Free Bus Travel Scheme and cannot apply online can collect and fill an application form from their schools. A parental approval will be needed for the free bus travel to be enabled to the card.

If you are unable to apply online, you can download and complete an application form and email it to together with copies of supporting documents.

If you are in any doubt or need help applying for your NEC assistance please email or phone 01382 433267.

If you are a BSL user please visit ContactScotland to connect to an online interpreter using the Video Relay Service (VRS).

NCT002 Mental Health Certificates and NCT003 Epilepsy Certificates for the national travel concession are available to download for completion by authorised persons and should be submitted with the rest of your proofs.

If you would like further information about the Dundee National Entitlement Card or have any comments which you would like to make, email or complete the form.

Privacy Notice