Scottish Child Payment Bridging Payment04/10/21
The council will administer the Scottish Government-funded Scottish Child Payment Bridging Payment for eligible residents.
This payment brings together the COVID-19 hardship payments and the Family Pandemic Payment into one single payment.
A sum of £160 will be paid into bank accounts from 5th October 2021 then again in December for each P1 to S6 pupil who is entitled to free school meal payments due to low income.
This is in addition to support delivered through the continuation of Free School Meals over the school holidays and the £130 Low Income Pandemic Payment.
Councillor Willie Sawers, Dundee City Council’s finance spokesperson said: “This additional payment will go far in helping families given the many financial pressures they may be facing at this time.
“The extra payment will no doubt help to make a real difference for the over 5000 qualifying children in Dundee whose family will receive the sum.”
Eligibility for Free School Meals are based on low income as follows:
- Income Support;
- Universal Credit (and your earned income is less than £625 as assessed by the Department for Work and Pensions in the assessment period immediately preceding the application for free school meals);
- Job Seekers Allowance (income based);
- Employment and Support Allowance (income related);
- Child Tax Credit only (with a gross annual income less than £16,105 as assessed by HM Revenues and Customs on your Tax Credit Award Notice TC602);
- Working Tax Credit and Child Tax credit (with a gross annual income less than £7,500) as assessed by HM Revenues and Customs on your Tax Credit Award Notice (TC602);
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
Pre-school aged children are not eligible for this additional payment.
More information on the Scottish Child Payment Bridging Payment is available on the Dundee City Council website.
Update on Our Promise to Care Experienced Children and Young PeopleEfforts to support Dundee care experienced children and young people and deliver on ?The Promise?...
New paper and card recycling contractTHE HIGH QUALITY of card and paper recycled in Dundee along with changes to the recycling process...