Service Aims and Objectives
The principal role of the Health and Safety Service is to enforce legislation within premises or for activities for which Dundee City Council is the Enforcing Authority. The legislation aims to protect the health, safety and welfare of employees and to safeguard others, principally members of the public, who may be exposed to risks from work activities.
- Regulate health and safety through a range of planned enforcement activities.
- Respond to, and then seek to resolve, health and safety problems and incidents brought to our attention.
- Provide health and safety advice to all sections of the community and liaise with other bodies on health and safety.
Further Information Links
- Complaints about Workplace Conditions
- Cellar Safety
- Employers Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Estates Excellence
- Healthy Working Lives
- Health & Safety at Work Handbook (360KB PDF)
- Investigation of Work Related Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences
- Lead Authority Partnership
- Liaison with Other Organisations/Agencies etc
- Public Register of Health and Safety enforcement notices
- Workplace Inspections
Tel: 01382 433710
3 City Square,
Dundee, DD1 3BA