Provision of Bus Passes
Bus passes may be provided to pupils who meet the following criteria:
- The pupils Home Address must be 3 or more miles from their catchment school.
All pupils’ distance will be calculated using the same method by City Development. They will calculate the shortest safest walking distance (SSWD) from home to school.
- The pupils Home Address must be more than 2 miles from their catchment school and be in receipt of Free School Meals.
The Council provides free school transport, where necessary, for pupils with additional support needs who are placed either in schools with small group provisions or Kingspark Special School.
In consultation with parents, some of these pupils may be encouraged to make their own way to school by public transport, in which case bus passes will be issued to them. Consideration will also be given to the provision of free transport for pupils with permanent medical conditions and/or a disability.
- Download a School Bus Pass Application Form for 2017/18 (42KB MS Word doc)
- Download a Home School Transport Application Form (63KB PDF)
- Home to School Travel Assistance Policy (182KB PDF)
For further information, please contact:
Finance, Catering and School Services Team
Children and Families Service
50 North Lindsay Street
Dundee DD1 1QE