The Insurance and Risk Management team carries out a range of functions for Dundee City Council and a number of Outside Bodies.
The team are responsible for:
- ensuring that the Council’s assets are adequately and effectively insured through a combination of commercial insurance and a self insurance programme;
- arranging insurance for Dundee City Council to meet its legal liabilities;
- provision of advice and guidance to departments on insurance and operational risk management issues;
- promotion and instigation of departmental risk management initiatives;
- dealing with all insurance claims made against Dundee City Council and pursuing recovery of costs against third parties who have caused damage to Council property;
- arranging insurance for a number of Outside Bodies and administering all claims for each of these organisations;
- administering a Home Contents Insurance Scheme for Council tenants.
If you wish to make a liability claim against Dundee City Council you can do so by following the Public Liability Claim Process online.
To apply for home contents insurance or to find out more information, please follow the link or call 01382 433899 for assistance:
Contact can be made with the Insurance and Risk Management team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Insurance and Loss Control Officer
Tel: 01382 433604