Working with Children and Young People
Dundee CLD Youth Work Teams work collaboratively across the city with schools and a range of partners to deliver learning opportunities and activities for young people aged 11 (P7) -18 years old across all communities with a particular focus on areas of the city with the highest levels of SIMD.
Participation in Youth Work can help young people:
- Become confident, resilient and optimistic about the future;
- Manage personal, social and formal relationships;
- Create, describe and apply their learning;
- Participate safely and effectively in groups;
- Consider risk, make reasoned decisions and take control;
- Express their voice and demonstrate social commitment;
- Broaden their perspectives through new experiences and thinking.
CLD Youth Work delivers learning opportunities and activities that allow young people to engage with:
- Focused Health and Wellbeing
- Skills for Life, and Work including Volunteering
- Diversionary Programmes
- Supported Transitions from Primary to Secondary School
- Opportunities for young people to have their voices heard
We recognise learning, development and achievements through various accreditation programmes.
Please contact the youth teams through their Instagram pages.