Complaints about Workplace Conditions

The law requires employers and the self-employed to conduct their business in such a way as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that persons affected are not exposed to risks to their health or safety. This includes providing essential welfare facilities for employees. If you consider that your employers (or someone else’s) work activity is putting your safety at risk or damaging your health, then you should raise your concerns with that employer or persons. You could also raise concerns with your trade union or safety representative.  If no improvement is made and your safety or health continues to be at risk, then you can report your complaint to the relevant enforcing authority and ask them to look into it.

Please note that we cannot deal with complaints about issues or employers where we have no jurisdiction. Dundee City Council is the correct enforcing authority for the following types of premises:

  • offices (except government offices)
  • shops
  • hotels
  • restaurants
  • leisure premises
  • nurseries and playgroups
  • pubs and clubs
  • museums (privately owned)
  • places of worship
  • sheltered accommodation and care
  • cosmetic services and therapeutic treatment facilities
  • storage warehouses

You can make a complaint about workplace conditions by e-mailing, calling into our office or telephoning.

All enquires will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.

5 City Square
Dundee, DD1 3BA
Tel: 01382 433710 Option 4