Housing Options in Dundee - Applying for Sheltered Housing

If you or your partner/spouse are aged 60 years or over you can apply for sheltered housing.

To cover the cost of running the sheltered housing service a service charge is added to your weekly rent. If you are in receipt of full Housing Benefit you will not have to pay the service charge.

To apply for sheltered housing you will have to complete a housing application form (1.6MB PDF)as well as a Medical Assessment Form (TMAS) (265KB Word). Please read the Medical Assessment Form Guidance (11KB PDF) to help you complete the form. You should also read Medical Priority - Patient and Professional Information (53KB PDF).

You can download the forms or pick them up at your GP surgery, at any housing office or by phoning the Lettings Centre, Tel: 0300 123 9023 or 01382 307400, who will be happy to send them out to you.

The Council's Medical Advisor will assess your application. Your health requirements and current housing circumstances will be taken into consideration when awarding the level of priority. The award of priority is made independently by the Medical Advisor.