Caledonia Housing Association is the new organisation formed following the merger of Servite Housing Association and Perthshire Housing Association.
We provide housing and support services in Dundee, Angus, Perthshire and Fife. We are a registered social landlord and a Scottish charity, run on a not-for-profit basis. Our Management Committee is made up of volunteers who oversee the work of the staff based at our Broughty Ferry Office at our various housing developments throughout Tayside and Fife.
Type of housing available
- Amenity Housing - 156 units in Dundee
- General needs family housing - 53 units in Dundee
- General needs single person housing - 65 units in Dundee
- Sheltered housing - 243 units in Dundee
- Very Sheltered Housing - 30 units in Dundee
- Dundee Stock Infomation
- Amenity Housing internal design of these properties are similar to our sheltered houses, but are not linked to an alarm system or have staff located on site. Priority is given to people aged 50+.
- General needs properties suit a range of applicants - single people, couples or families are not specifically designed to suit any physical need.
- Wheelchair housing have specially designed kitchens and showers. Doors and hallways are larger than usual with sufficient turning space and there are no internal or external stairs.
- Sheltered housing is designed to suit older people and priority is given to retired applicants and aged 60+.
- Staff are on site week days during office hours.
- Each house is linked to a 24Hr alarm system allowing emergency help to be summoned at any time.
- Schemes have a tenants lounge, Scheme office, laundry & guest room.
- Very Sheltered housing is general similar to sheltered housing developments except: lunch & dinner is provided for tenants; Staff are on site for longer and a specially equipped bathroom is available for assisted bathing.
Who can apply
- The Dundee Housing Register is open to anyone aged 16 or over.
Where and how to apply
- You can download an application form at www.dundeecity.gov.uk/housingoptions/hoapplicationform/
- You can pick up an application form from the Caledonia Housing Association Office at 118 Strathearn Road, Dundee, DD5 1JW or from any of the local council offices.
- You can phone Lettings Centre tel 01382 307400 or 0300 123 9023 to have one sent to you.
How applications are assessed
- Housing Applications are assessed according to your housing need and are awarded points in accordance with the Dundee Housing Register Allocations Policy
- Rent levels are comparable to other housing associations in the area.
- Tenants can apply for to the council's housing benefit's section for assistance to pay their rent, who will base their ability to pay base on the applicants circumstances.
Repairs and maintenance
- Tenants have access to a fully comprehensive repairs service and a 24hr emergency repair freephone help line
- Grant funding is available for adaptions.
- This is subject to the type and priority of adaptation firstly being assessed by the Social Work Occupational Therapy department
Right to Buy
- Tenants do not have the right to buy our properties
- Written permission would be required for a mutual exchange, all Caledonia tenants have free access to the Homeswapper scheme