We are one of Scotland's largest regional Housing Associations, with over 40 years experience of managing and developing quality housing. Hillcrest Housing Association is the property asset owning parent company in the Hillcrest Group. We are a non-profit making organisation with charitable status and a registered social landlord. From our head office in Dundee and our locally based offices in Edinburgh, Arbroath, Crieff and Glenrothes we currently manage around 5,000 homes for rent and low cost home ownership.
We are now part of the Dundee Housing Register, in partnership with Dundee City Council. This means that applicants will not have to complete a Hillcrest application form, but will instead apply by completing a Dundee City Council Housing Application Form. Forms can be obtained from the Hillcrest Office at Shed 26, City Quay, Camperdown Road, Dundee, or from any of the local council offices.
Type of housing available
- We provide a comprehensive range of affordable accommodation, specialising in general needs housing for families, couples and single person households.
- We provide a tenancy support service to people who are vulnerable to homelessness through tenancy breakdown, or those who are experiencing difficulties and feel they are not coping well.
- We also have some housing that is adapted for wheel chair users and supported housing for the elderly.
Who can apply
- The Dundee Housing Register is open to anyone aged 16 or over.
Where and how to apply
- You can download an application form at www.dundeecity.gov.uk/housingoptions/hoapplicationform/
- You can pick up an application form from the Hillcrest Office at Shed 26, City Quay, Camperdown Road, Dundee, or from any of the local council offices..
- You can phone 0300 123 2640 to have one sent to you.
How applications are assessed
- Housing Applications are assessed according to your housing need and are awarded points in accordance with the Dundee Housing Register Allocations Policy.
Rent levels for the properties will vary depending on the services offered at the development and the size of the property.
Repairs and maintenance
- We provide an effective responsive repairs service through a Freephone number.
- We try to monitor demand for our properties, and are keen to provide good accommodation which is of good quality and well maintained.
- We are responsive to the needs of our existing tenants, and are willing to consider adaptations to meet their changing needs.
Right to Buy
- The association has charitable status and exempt from selling under the Right to Buy to new tenants.
- All tenants are eligible to apply for a Mutual Exchange. Tenants should contact Hillcrest Housing Assocation for further information