Community Justice Social Work provides the following services:
- Writing reports to help Sheriffs and JPs make sentencing decisions
- Supervising people placed on Community Payback Orders, DTTO and post custody supervision
- Providing a range of Unpaid work placements, for those sentenced to Unpaid work
- Supervision of High Risk Offenders as part of MAPPA
- A Woman’s team delivering a service for female offenders
- A Tayside wide service for Registered Sex Offenders delivering programme work
- Staff who over voluntary throughcare to those leaving prison after shorter sentences
- A service co-located with health staff, police (offender management unit) and voluntary sector.
The primary aim of the service is to help offenders address their offending behaviour and thus reduce the risk of re-offending.
As part of Dundee City Council , CJS is a Community Justice Partner within the Dundee Community Justice Partnership, which seeks to tackle the causes of offending and reoffending.
Manager: Martin Dey
Friarfield House, Barrack Street
Dundee, DD1 1PQ
Tel: 01382 435001