Domestic Refuse Collection
The Environment Department provides a high quality Refuse Collection Service for the City's residents. The Department is responsible for the efficient and effective collection of Domestic Refuse from approximately 72,000 households, which includes the under noted types of service delivery. For items outwith domestic refuse please use our special collections service.
- The Kerbside collection of domestic refuse by means of 'wheelie bins'
- Assisted rear door collections are available for people who are unable to take their domestic refuse grey 'wheelie bins' kerbside
- Rear door collections of domestic refuse contained in conventional dustbins
- Collection of domestic refuse contained in Paladin bins and 1100 litre wheeled containers
- Collection of domestic refuse contained in sacks.
For further information, please telephone (01382) 433710 or 433677
'Wheelie Bin' Collections
Waste from domestic properties is collected from the kerbside using a wheelie bin system. Over 56,000 households in Dundee now benefit from this service.
Benefits of this system:
- The Wheelie Bin is easily moved/manoeuvred when full
- Closely fitting lid prevents smell and spillage
- Prevents animals and birds foraging
- Avoids risk of injury due to sharp objects.