Following recent enquiries from members of the public, Dundee City Council and Dundee City Registrar are pleased to launch 2 new types of civil ceremony within Dundee Registration District. The new ceremonies are being offered for renewal of marriage or civil partnership vows and naming ceremonies for children.
The naming ceremony for children is a non religious ceremony that will allow parents to formally give their baby or child its forenames before family and friends and is also an opportunity to publicly pledge their commitment to raising the child in accordance with specific values.
Child Naming Ceremonies may be held at any location or venue within Dundee Registration District, so long as the primary purpose of the venue is not religious (e.g. a church).
The fees for a Child Naming ceremony in Dundee are:
- Office Fee - weekdays office hours - £150.00
- Out of Office weekedays - office hours - £190.00
- Saturdays / out of office hours weekdays - any venue - £220.00
- Sunday any venue - £245.00
- Public holiday any venue - £275.00
Child Naming ceremonies outwith Dundee:
- Office Fee - weekdays office hours- N/A
- Out of Office weekdays - office hours - £220.00
- Saturdays / out of office hours weekdays - any venue - £245.00
- Sunday any venue - £275.00
- Public holiday any venue - £315.00