Collected every 4 weeks (kerbside service).
What can I put in my blue bin?
Paper - Clean and dry
- Magazines, catalogues and directories
- Junk mail
- Letters and envelopes (including window envelopes)
- Office and shredded paper
- Paperback books
- Wrapping paper
Cardboard - Flattened
- Large and small cardboard boxes
- Brown corrugated packaging
- Toilet and kitchen roll tubes
- Greetings cards
What can I not put in my blue bin?
- Cartons (food and drink)
- Tissues and napkins
- Padded envelopes
- Hardback books
- Kitchen towels
- Wet paper/card
- Foil/glitter wrapping paper
- Plastic Bags
- Stacked Crisp Tubes
- Takeaway cups
- Takeaway boxes (e.g. contaminated pizza boxes)
Please refer to our Recycling A-Z for further information on disposal of the above materials
- Please remember to shred paper documents containing personal information including account numbers, passwords, PINs, signatures, date of birth and your name and address.
- Collect your recycling and flatten your cardboard.
- Place your recycling into your blue or blue lidded bin.
Please ensure your brown bin is presented by 7.30am, at an agreed location on collection day and returned to your bin storage area by the end of collection day. Collections take place between 7:30am-3:30pm (Mon-Thur) and 7:30am-3pm (Friday).
Find out what happens to recycled paper and cardboard.