Holiday Diversionary Programme content
Purpose of Grant
To give groups and organisations financial support to provide diversionary activity programmes during school holiday periods.
Who can apply
Groups and organisations promoting community safety activities in Dundee.
Who cannot apply
- Groups and organisations whose aims are not compatible with those of Dundee Community Safety Partnership.
- Groups and organisations outwith Dundee.
- Organisations and groups whose aims are not consistent with the Council's Equal Opportunities Policies.
Funds will only be awarded to those groups and organisations who can fulfil the following:
- May only be used for activities during school holiday periods
- At least 80% of participants must be within the 10 - 18 age bracket
- Activity should be aimed to reduce youth nuisance calls, vandalism, antisocial behaviour or substance misuse
- Priority will be given to activity targeting known hotspot areas identified either by current cyclical trends and to applications showing a partnership approach
- Evaluation report using the prescribed template must be submitted within one month of the activity concluding or, after each holiday period if the application covers more than one holiday period.
- Only one application per group or organisation
The application should highlight:
- Who is to be involved
- What the activity is trying to achieve
- How this will be done
- What will show if it is successful
- How it relates to key Community Safety Priorities (summarised below)
The fund cannot be used for:
- Accommodation costs
- Ongoing work programmes
Community Safety Priorities
- Impact of crime on individuals, communities and business
- Antisocial Behaviour
- Youth disorder
- Violent crime
- Sexual offences
- Fire safety
- Road safety
Community Safety Cross Cutting Themes
- Personal safety
- Public protection
- Alcohol and drugs
- Risk and vulnerability
Our focus will be on prevention and early intervention. Our delivery will be intelligence led.
If successful, the organisation should retain and provide a short financial record of the grant expenditure and submit a brief report of their activities.
A report format will be provided on notification of a successful award.
Alternatively, you may prefer to complete and return an MS Word version of the form (55KB)
If you need any more information about this grant before you complete an application form, please contact:
|Name of Lead Officer:||Steve Laurence, Community Safety Warden Co-ordinator , Community Safety and Protection|
|Email of the Lead Officer:||email@example.com|
|Phone number:||01382 436302|
|Postal address:||Neighbourhood Services
3 Sinclair Street