This type of housing is designed to meet the needs of people who are aged 60 or over. The majority of houses are located either on the ground or first floor. Housing above two levels is serviced by a lift.
The key features of sheltered housing are:
- A Sheltered Housing Warden Service
- A central heating system provided in each house
- Lowered light switches and raised electrical sockets
- An emergency community alarm service
- Communal lounge facilities
- Laundry facilities
How do I apply for sheltered housing?
For information on how to apply for sheltered housing visit our Applying for sheltered housing page or contact our Lettings Centre, Tel: 0300 123 9023 or 01382 307400.