Corporate Equality and Diversity Steering Group (EDSG)
Meeting monthly the Equality and Diversity Steering Group is tasked with:
- Supporting Dundee City Council in meeting its Equality Duty.
- Ensure timely and appropriate reporting on the Equality Duty.
- Identify gaps in meeting our Equality Duty and make appropriate recommendations.
- Support council departments in the delivery of equality good practice
- Promote the engagement of people with protected characteristics in service planning.
- Identify and support areas of work that can be taken forward in partnership.
Dundee City Council's: Lead for Equalities, Equality and Diversity Co-ordinator, Access Officer, link officers from all departmental equality groups, Work Place Chaplin, chairs and co chairs of Equality Action Groups.
View the Minutes of the Corporate Equality and Diversity Steering Group here.
Departmental Equalities Groups
Meeting 4 times a year the Departmental Equality Groups are tasked with:
- Leading on departmental Equality and Diversity planning and implementation.
- Develop and maintain departmental equality action plans that reflect corporate equality priorities
- Identify departmental equalities training needs and make recommendations.
- Review departmental equality impact assessments.
- Support the delivery of service monitoring. (once process is agreed)
- Contribute to corporate annual reporting on Equality and Diversity.
Chaired by a senior departmental officer, co-chaired by a nominated link officer to the Corporate Equality and Diversity Steering Group and representatives from each area of the department as appropriate.
Equality Action Groups
Dundee City Council has established Equality Action Groups for Race, Ethnicity, Religion and Belief, Disability & Age, Gender & Sexual Orientation. Each Action Group is supported by a 2 Council Officers and membership is open to community groups and individuals representing relevant protected communities who are active in the City of Dundee. The Equality Action Groups are tasked with:
- Establish and sustain a dialogue between people with protected characteristics and organisations who appear to represent their interests.
- Support community involvement in the development of policies and practices.
- Raise awareness of Dundee City Council's proactive approach to reducing the barriers faced by communities of interest.
- Identify relevant concerns t to Dundee City Council as a service provider and employer.
- Develop and share examples of good practice and areas of positive action.
- Seek continuous improvement and standards in the delivery of the City Council's equality practice.
- Supporting Dundee City Council in meeting the Council's Equality Duty
View the Minutes of the Equality Action Group here.
For further information on Dundee City Council's Equality and Diversity please contact:
Scott Mands Equality and Diversity Co-ordinator
Tel 01382 307482
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Text Service: 0786 0022 899