Tennis Courts content
Further to the First Minister’s update on Tuesday 30 March 2021 outlining the easing of restrictions, from Monday 5th April 2021 under Level 4 restrictions:
- Doubles play outdoors for adults and Under 18s is permitted (in line with permission for non-contact sport to take place), but players must ensure they maintain physical distancing at all times where they are not from the same household or extended household.
- Organised outdoor tennis activity for children aged under 12 years can involve up to 30 participants (including the coach/es) at any one time as part of a ‘field of play bubble’.
- Organised outdoor tennis activity for adults and young people aged 12 and over can involve up to 15 participants (including the coach/es) at any one time as part of a ‘field of play bubble’.
- Outdoor competition for both adults and children is permitted within their usual club or facility environment, Tennis Scotland guidance must be adhered to. This does not include inter club competition.
- Informal exercise or sports is permitted, provided you follow the socialising rules on meeting other households outdoors.
Park tennis court bookings must be made using the online booking system. Please stay outside the court until it is vacant and always adhere to physical distancing rules. It is advised to only handle your own racquet and equipment and please remove your rubbish from the court. Note: The keypad on the gate to Dawson Park tennis court is currently disabled.
The Council manages the provision and maintenance of outdoor tennis courts within parks.
A number of these courts have recently been upgraded and the Council is working towards upgrading the remainder of the tennis courts in the city.
|Location||No of Courts|
|Broughty Ferry Esplanade||2|
|South Road Park||2|
View a photo gallery of our tennis courts.
If you are keen to join a local tennis club, you can view their contact details in our Directory of Local Organisations.
Leisure and Culture Dundee deliver tennis activities for children over term time and during school holiday periods.