Housing Options in Dundee - Angus Housing Association content
Angus Housing Association aims to provide well managed and maintained, affordable rent housing and to allocate properties to people who have a genuine unmet housing need.
Type of housing available
- The Association's properties range in size from single person housing (1 apartment bedsits) to large 5 apartment 8 person houses.
- The type of property varies from tenemental flats to 1 and 2 storey cottage type dwellings, depending on the area.
- Our local office is based in Whitfield and serves all of our properties in Whitfield, Mid Craigie, Barnhill and Kirkton Road.
Who can apply
- Anyone aged 16 or over can apply to the Association.
- Allocations of houses are made irrespective of an applicant's race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or physical ability.
Where and how to apply
- By phoning or calling in at our office.
- On line at our website.
How applications are assessed
- In accordance with our Allocations and Transfers Policy and Procedures which operate a Group and Points system.
- All applicants who request medical circumstances to be taken into account are independently assessed by the Medical Advisory Service.
- Weekly rent levels range from approximately £40 to £75 depending on house size and type.
Repairs and maintenance
- We will carry out repairs or other work necessary to keep the house in a condition which is habitable, wind and watertight and, in all other respects, reasonably fit for human habitation.
- We will carry out all repairs within a reasonable time period of becoming aware that the repairs need to be done.
- All repairs will be done to a standard of a reasonably competent contractor, using good quality material.
- If adaptations are required on the recommendation of an Occupational Therapist, then funding may be available to complete any required works.
Right to Buy
- There is no right to buy for anyone who became a tenant after 1989.
Transfers and Mutual exchanges
- The Association maintains a transfer/mutual exchange list.
- Tenants can also request a mutual exchange by means of free access to the Homeswapper website which is a national mutual exchange database.