Dundee City Council is currently preparing a new Local Development Plan which will replace the Dundee Local Development Plan (LDP) adopted in 2013. Full details of the process for preparing the new plan are contained in the Development Plan Scheme.
Development Plan Scheme
The Development Plan Scheme sets out the process and timescale for preparing the new Local Development Plan
Proposed Dundee Local Development Plan 2 & Examination
The Proposed Plan contains the spatial strategy that will guide development up to 2029. It shows which land is being allocated to meet the City’s development needs and where new development should and should not happen.
Dundee City Council has now considered all representations made to the Proposed Plan during the period for representations in 2017. All unresolved representations and the accompanying documents have been submitted to the Scottish Government Planning and Environmental Appeals Division (DPEA) with a view to the holding of an examination during 2018.
Information about the examination including the summary of issues being addressed by the reporters, information requests and responses, document lists and any hearing or inquiry statements can be viewed on the DPEA website:
Please note that all representations are summarised within the "Schedule 4" documents which are grouped by the general topic to which they referred.
Further guidance on the examination process is available on the Scottish Government's website
For persons who submitted representations - a guidance note is also available on the Scottish Governments website: guidance note
Dundee City Council is unable to answer enquiries regarding the progress of the examination - all such enquiries should be directed towards: Jayne Anderson, Planning and Environmental Appeals, 4 The Courtyard, Callendar Business Park, Falkirk, FK1 1XR, or telephone 01324 696454, or email Jayne.Anderson@gov.scot
- Proposed Local Development Plan 2
- Proposed Local Development Plan 2 Proposals Map
- Proposed Local Development Plan 2 Environmental Report
Supplementary Guidance provides further information and detail in support of specific policies in the Local Development Plan.
- Draft Supplementary Guidance: Air Quality
- Draft Supplementary Guidance: Developer Contributions
- Draft Supplementary Guidance: Householder Development
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening for Supplementary Guidance: Air Quality ; Developer Contributions ; Householder Development, Screening Determination, Statement of Reasons, Screening Advertisement
A Range of documents have been prepared in support of the Proposed Local Development Plan
- Draft Housing Background Paper
- Draft Transport Background Paper
- Business Land Audit 2017
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) 2017
- Development Sites Assessment 2017
- Draft Habitats Regulations Appraisal Record (HRA)
- Equalities Impact Assessment
Should you wish to added to our mailing list and kept updated on progress – please send your contact details to email@example.com
(Registration emails will not be acknowledged unless requested, there is no need to re-register and you can unsubscribe at any time. This list may be occasionally be used to advise of other consultations or announcements related to Planning within Dundee).
Main Issues Report
The following documents contain the responses to the Main Issues Report consultation which ended in February 2016
Tel: 01382 433105
Dundee Local Development Plan
Development Plans & Regeneration Team
City Development Division
50 North Lindsay Street
Dundee DD1 1LS