Dundee City Council is currently preparing a new Local Development Plan which will replace the Dundee Local Development Plan (LDP) adopted in 2013. Full details of the process for preparing the new plan are contained in the Development Plan Scheme.
Development Plan Scheme
The Development Plan Scheme sets out the process and timescale for preparing the new Local Development Plan
• Development Plan Scheme
Proposed Dundee Local Development Plan 2
The City Development Committee approved the Proposed Dundee Local Development Plan 2, Environmental Report and Draft Supplementary Guidance on 21 August 2017 as the basis for a future period of public engagement. The Proposed Plan contains the spatial strategy that will guide development up to 2029. It shows which land is being allocated to meet the City’s development needs and where new development should and should not happen.
The Council is required to publish an Environmental Report along with the Proposed Plan. This identifies, describes and evaluates the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the Proposed Plan.
• View the Environmental Report
Supplementary Guidance provides further information and detail in support of specific policies in the Local Development Plan.
• Draft Supplementary Guidance: Air Quality
• Draft Supplementary Guidance: Developer Contributions
• Draft Supplementary Guidance: Householder Development
A Range of documents have been prepared in support of the Proposed Local Development Plan
• Draft Housing Background Paper
• Draft Transport Background Paper
• Business Land Audit 2017
• Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) 2017
• Development Sites Assessment 2017
• Draft Habitats Regulations Appraisal Record (HRA)
• Equalities Impact Assessment
Should you wish to added to our mailing list and kept updated on progress – please send your contact details to email@example.com
Main Issues Report
The following documents contain the responses to the Main Issues Report consultation which ended in February 2016
• Main Issues Report Consultation Response Summary
• Main Issues Report Consultation Response Schedules