Council Tax

Council Tax is a local government charge on all domestic properties. The Tax is levied by us to help fund local services such as schools, libraries and refuse collection.

We are required by law to collect water and sewerage charges on behalf of Scottish Water and these charges are included in your council tax bill.

The amount of council tax that you will pay is dependent upon the Council Tax Band into which the property has been placed, which is based on the property value as at 1st April 1991.

If we've asked you to provide additional documents and/or information, you don’t need to visit our offices or send documents through the post. You can supply this information using our online evidence upload form.

For information on paying your Council Tax please see our Pay Council Tax section.

If you are having trouble paying your Council Tax, please see our Recovery of Debts section.

Our forms section allow you to register for Council Tax in Dundee, notify us of changes of circumstance and also apply for discounts, exemptions and reductions.

The following pages give you more information on discounts and exemptions:-

If you are on a low income you can apply for Council Tax Reduction (which is means tested).

You can view your council tax account and apply for paperless billing by registering for a MyDundee account.

Sign up for paperless billing here

If you have any Council Tax queries, please contact us.