As well as the records of the Council and its predecessors we also hold the records of several other official bodies. These records are stored at Dundee City Archives under an agreement with the National Records of Scotland.
- Justices of the Peace for the County of the City of Dundee, 1894-1974 (ref: JP23)
- Justices of the Peace for the County of Angus, 1857-1974 (ref: JP24)
- Dundee Sheriff Court - duplicate plans, 1842-1945 (ref: RHP24520-34490)
- Calendars of Confirmation and Inventories, 1876-1936
Please note that the principal series of records of Dundee Sheriff Court are held at the National Records of Scotland (Ref: SC45)
Customs and Excise
- Dundee Outport and District, 1708-1989 (ref: CE70)
- Montrose Outport and District, 1707-1988 (ref: CE53)
- Arbroath Outport and District, 1823-1990 (ref: CE80)
- Montrose and Arbroath Fishery Offices, 1819-1971 (ref: AF32)
- Dundee Burgh Protocol books, 1571-1608 (ref: B19/1)
- Dundee Burgh Registers of Sasines, 1639-1809 (ref: B19/2-3)
Lists of these records can be viewed by typing the reference number into the National Records of Scotland online catalogue.