Communities, Safety and Protection content
Head of Community Safety & Protection
The Communities, Safety and Protection Division of Neighbourhood Services delivers a range of services designed to keep people who live in, work in and visit Dundee safe and healthy.
- Regulatory Services deliver services in relation to Environmental Health, Trading Standards, Private Sector housing.
- Community Safety and Resilience are responsible for the Community Safety Wardens service and the Antisocial Behaviour team. This service also coordinates our Emergency Planning role.
- Adult Learning - programmes to assist with literacy and numeracy needs, family learning, digital skills/assistance regarding Welfare Reform impact;
- Community Centres - provision of a wide range of activities and events, based on a network of local community centres, in conjunction with Local Management Groups. We also support a number of local projects across the City such as Grey Lodge and Dudhope Multicultural Centre.
- Community Health Team - supporting local people to identify and address their own health needs and issues using a community development approach.
- Community Regeneration - working with communities to ensure that local residents have a voice in terms of local services and facilities, local community planning.
- Youth Work - diversionary programmes of activities across the City for young people including at the Shore which also seeks to address employability issues.